Wow! I am just so thrilled that people are recognizing and enjoying my little blog I’ve got going on here! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award and now the Liebster award! Berryduchess nominated me last week and I am finally getting around to putting this post together. I want to thank her and thank Faithful Homesteader for her nomination as well! So I guess that I will be answering 22 questions today instead of 11! 🙂
Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Me
- Like so many others, I love The Walking Dead. The only thing is… I am terrified of zombies. I have always said that I would probably be the first to die if a zombie apocalypse were to actually happen. I have even gone so far as to give my friends permission to leave me behind in this event.
- I am moving back in with my parents next month (mostly to save money) and I cannot wait. I am so excited to be living with my family again and seeing them every day.
- Moving back home means that I will be living significantly further away from my current job. Which means that I will need to find a closer one to home, sad day.
- I want to be able to afford to take/send my parents on vacation one day.
- I always want a nap, like it’s pretty bad. Sometimes I dream about being a koala, they sleep for up to 22 hours a day! That’s the life man!
- I am thinking about foregoing a trip I had begun planning for 2016 in order to save and prepare to teach English overseas.
- I just cleaned out over half my closet last weekend and I still feel like I have too many clothes. Although, I can’t decide what else to get rid of.
- I used to have a thing for heels. While I was in college I probably owned around 15 pairs of heels alone. (YIKES!) I don’t go out/get dressed up as often now, so I only own about 5 pairs.
- When I was in Paris our group decided to eat at a Mexican restaurant one day. It was awful, and I’m not just saying that as someone that is half Mexican. It just wasn’t good. So consider my lesson learned, I will only be sticking to local foods!
- Speaking of Paris, I got about half way up the Eiffel Tower and still regret not waiting in line to make it to the top! The line for the ride down was incredible long as well, so we took the stairs! Leg cramps for days!
- I did my first ever tequila shot in Rome. At a bar called Twins, that was owned by twin brothers. I didn’t know what I was doing but wanted to seem cool, so it went something like tequila-salt-lime and then a really confused Laura as to why it wasn’t as great as everyone said. (For the record, I love tequila. It was just a weird order to taste everything in.)
Questions from Berryduchess
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you sing?
Is -10 an option? I am a terrible singer!
2. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would probably own a very limited amount of clothing. Like 10 pieces total.
3. When something is wrong, who is the first person you turn too?
My mom! She’s my rock.
4. If I had 3 wishes….
1. Round the World plane tickets 2. Speak multiple languages 3. EAT ALL THE CARBS.
5. How many places have you lived and where were they?
I’ve only lived in Houston! Very exciting… I know…
6. The worst gift that I received…
An old lady night gown, for my 20th birthday…
7. If you can have lunch with a famous person, who will it be?
Miles Teller, because he is just a dreamboat
8. What is that one thing that you are really good at?
I’d say I’m pretty good at driving. Considering I grew up in Houston, this is a feat.
9. If your life will be a movie, who do you want to play your role?
10. What are the things that we can find in your bag/purse?
Well my current bag is my work bag, so you will find my computer, my phone, a pencil case, my health supplements, wallet, and peanut butter!
11. Nobody knows that I….
am scared of the dark. This is why I don’t own any curtains.
Questions from Faithful Homesteader
Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?
Oh that’s a tough one! I guess I’m more of a salty person, but my ABSOLUTE favorite is salty AND sweet.
Are you urban, suburban, or rural?
Definitely suburban. Although for the last 5 years I’ve been urban, but I cannot take it anymore. I need less people around me!
Do you have a favorite reality TV show?
Reality TV is one of my guilty pleasures, right now it’s Dancing With The Stars and The Voice. During the summer it’s So You Think You Can Dance.
What is your favorite genre of music?
I can be all over the place most of the time, but I guess I tend to gravitate towards Top 40 hits.
Do you have pets? if so, what do you have?
There are 4 animals in our household (aka my parents home). 2 cats and 2 dogs. All lovebugs!
Dark or Milk chocolate?
If you could live in another time, when would you chose?
I think the 70s. Just seems like my lifestyle.
What is your favorite color?
Red, Go Coogs!
Do you have a favorite sport? If so, what is it?
Football of course! College football to be exact!
Do you prefer a hot or cold climate?
Definitely cold, we get too much hot weather here in Texas!
What is your favorite movie genre?
I am a sucker for a good Rom Com, it’s the hopeless romantic in me.
Alright, I feel like I should mention that accepting this award is totally up to y’all. No pressure, just sharing some of my favorite reads. The nominees are:
Alright, you’ve been nominated! I hope you accept because I would love to read your answers to the following questions!
- When you were little, what did you want to be?
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year? Ever?
- What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
- Which house would you belong to in Game of Thrones?
- What would your last meal be?
- On the first day of ruling the world, what would you do?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date?
- If you had the option of adopting a baby fox or a baby koala, which would you choose?
- If you could be either a duck or an owl, which would you be?
- You can go anywhere in the world, where to?
- What do you love about yourself most?