I want to thank Victor over at The Veronese Dragon for the nomination, you sure know how to make a girl feel special! 🙂 You should check out his blog if you haven’t already! I also want to thank him for making me realize how inactive I have been on wordpress. I have definitely started stepping up my reading game! I got the following description from Berryduchess, check her out, she’s pretty awesome.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Interesting Things About Me
1. I am incredibly excited about traveling to Ireland for Spring Break/St. Patricks Day/My birthday. There are still 162 days left, but I cannot stop talking about it. Thank God I have friends that love to travel as well and can put up with me!
2. I have this really weird thing about eating tomatoes. I used to hate them as a kid, and then I started loving them on burgers as I got older. Now I’ve developed this thing of only liking cold tomatoes. It’s strange, I know. Just the thought of hot tomatoes in pasta makes me want to gag a little, no thank you!
3. I have recently been pouring a lot of time into researching about teaching English overseas. I love to travel and I feel like this would be an interesting way of doing it. I have a friend that taught in China for a year and she loved it. I’d be very nervous about leaving my family behind though. (I’d love your thoughts on this if you’ve ever taught overseas!)
4. My mom is my best friend. I thought that I had best friends growing up, but the older I get the more I realize that my mom is truly my best friend. She is so kind, loving and supportive. I love her to pieces.
5. I am a HUGE animal lover. I could never be a foster volunteer because I would end up adopting every pet that came through my home. I recently was forced to rehome my cat and it was one of the most devastating nights of my life. Although he was going home with a friend and he was going to be well taken care of, I still cried the whole drive home.
6. I have an obsession with comfort food. Blame it on being raised in the south, but sausage gravy and biscuits are my lifeblood. I could eat that every day and never get tired of it. I guess you could say I have an obsession with food in general, but can you blame a girl when there’s Houston Restaurant Week every year?! You mean I get a ridiculously delicious and cheap brunch/lunch/dinner made by Houston’s top chefs WHILE raising money for the Houston Food Bank? I’m all in!
7. The Houston Rodeo is my favorite time of year. Yes, traffic is insane and annoys most Houstonians during this time, but I do not care. Rodeo is just so much fun with the carnival and the World Championship BBQ Cookoff and the country music/dancing! If you want something authentically Houstonian and Texan, definitely check out the rodeo if you’re in town.
Ok so now for 15 Bloggers I’d like to nominate
14. Aspects of Style
That’s it for this post! Such great talent out there, I hope you all spread the love and check out some of these wonderful sites!